1/1 Photo of Honey Rosemary Peach Shortcakes #RSC
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Ripe summer peaches are enhanced by fragrant rosemary and cardamom. The honey and butter add richness to the peaches which is balanced by the mildly sweet biscuit shortcakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 1 (5 count) package large homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 5 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Place the biscuits on the baking sheet and sprinkle each with sugar. Bake the biscuits until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool the biscuits completely on a wire rack.
- 3Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Mix the butter, honey, rosemary, cardamom and salt in a small bowl until combined. Spoon the butter mixture into the cavities of each peach half. Wrap two peach halves in a foil packet. Repeat with the remaining peach halves, two per foil packet. Place the packets on a sheet pan and bake until the peaches are softened and the butter is melted, about 20 minutes. Cool the peaches for 15 minutes. Peel the skin of off each half. Discard the skin. Cut each half into four wedges and place in a medium bowl. Set aside to cool completely.
- 4To make the whipped cream, beat the heavy cream, lemon zest, vanilla and sugar in an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until soft peaks form.
- 5To assemble the shortcakes, cut the biscuits in half horizontally. Place each biscuit bottom in a bowl. Top each bottom with peaches, 2 heaping tablespoons whipped cream and then cover each with a biscuit top. Spoon another dollop of whipped cream on each biscuit. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Rosemary Peach Shortcakes #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.2
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 122.6 mg
- Sodium 487.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 44.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g