Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I saw her make this recipe on her talk show and it looked so simple and delicious. We love the taste of rosemary, so we really enjoyed it. I scaled the recipe back to make 2 servings.
- 29.58 ml oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 oz. each)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 sprig rosemary, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml honey
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 29.58 ml pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- Heat oil, in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- When oil smokes, add chicken to the pan.
- and cook 6 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan and cover with foil
- Reduce heat under pan to medium
- add shallots, garlic and rosemary to pan and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add honey, stir in Dijon and lemon juice.
- Add chicken back to the pan and coat on all sides with the bubbling glaze. Turn off heat.
- Garnish with toasted nuts, if using.
This was absolutely delicious!! And so easy! Will make over & over. made for Spring PAC,2011.
I made the recipe as written and it was totally yummy. Fresh rosemary makes the difference - I wouldn't use as much if it was the dried stuff.
Overall, this is a very nice chicken recipe. It is really easy to make and comes together very quickly! I have to agree with Vicki...the honey was a bit overpowering. I'd decrease the honey and increase the dijon mustard. Didn't use the nuts....not on my current diet, but I bet they would have offset the sweetness.