Recipe by Buster's friend
Such an aromatic slightly sweet, slightly tangy use for those economical chicken thighs. Make an additional 1/2 cup of honey butter lemon sauce with rosemary to dredge the thighs through before serving with sauteed kale & steamed rice.... very nice. From Nikki Shaw via the Contra Costa Times.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 lemons, fresh
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper, fresh coarse ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F; line a large baking pan with foil and place a roasting rack on top. Place chicken pieces, skin side up, on top of rack (this allows chicken to roast all over and not stew in its own juices).
- Squeeze lemon juice over chicken. Rub with butter, then drizzle honey over the top of each piece. Season with rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 25 more minutes.