Recipe by Nyteglori
This is a great little dinner roll you can make for a potluck dinner. Cooking times includes time for the dough to rise.
Top Review by anonymous23
will have to wait to rate till I've tried this again. I halved the recipe but must have miscalculated the flour, because the rolls were weirdly flat (it came out looking like yeast bread). I probably should've known from the dough's consistency. (so how much is 58 oz of flour?)
- 3 cups warm water (110 degrees)
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 2⁄3 cups honey
- 10 tablespoons yeast
- 7 1⁄4 lbs flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups powdered milk
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups shortening
- 4 1⁄2 cups cool water (65 degrees)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine warm water, honey and yeast.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add fat and mix.
- Add cool water and mix on low for 1 minute.
- Add yeast mixture while mixing on low for about 4 minutes.
- Turn mixer on medium and mix another 10 minutes.
- Set bowl aside to rise for about 1/2 hour or until it doubles in volume.
- Punch dough down.
- Pinch off 2 oz rolls and place on lightly greased sheet pans.
- Let rise again for 1/2 hour.
- Bake 18 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Brush tops with butter while still hot.