My mother makes these on every major holiday...and they are always a hit with family. They disappear immediately..so if you're serving a big group of people, make a double batch (but not at the same time..your bread machine will overflow!).
- Put in bread machine in order given. When adding the yeast, make a hole in flour and put yeast in the hole.
- Put on dough cycle.
- On lightly floured surface, divide dough into 20 equal parts and shape into smooth balls.
- Place balls in greased 9 X 13 pan.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover with clean cloth/towel and let rise in warm place until double in size (20 to 30 minutes).
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Heat butter and honey in microwave and brush over rolls.
- Remove immediately from pan.
- Enjoy this delicious treat.
Love this recipe. We make it with a slight variation: double the honey and use 2 cups unbleached flour, and 1 cup whole wheat flour. Excellent.
I am so glad I found this recipe! I wanted to make yeast rolls but was out of sugar, so I searched for recipes that only used honey. These are fantastic! I've made them several times. They were such a hit at Thanksgiving, my mother-in-law asked me to make more the next morning for us to use as little sandwiches with the leftover ham and turkey. The honey butter on top makes a big difference in the consistency. Don't skip this step!
These were great. The dough was so soft!!