Sweet and spicy - a great quick snack. Best to keep in an airtight container for about a week at room temp.
- Combine honey, sugar, salt, cayenne and cinnamon in a small pot over medium heat,.
- Stir once then cook 3 minutes till sugar dissolved.
- Add walnuts, stir to coat.
- Simmer 5 - 7 minutes or until syrup is lightly browned.
- Drain through a coarse sieve, discard cinnamon stick.
- Place walnuts on a wire rack over a 19 X 29 cms rectangular slice pan.
- Cook in moderate oven 180 C for about 8 minutes or until nuts have darkened slightly.
- Remove from oven, cool on wire rack.
- Nuts will crisp as they cool.