Recipe by Sue Lau
I like to use multicolored heirloom carrots in this when they are available. But common orange carrots work just fine. Pearl onions can be substitute for the cipolline onions, or you may chop other onions into small chunks.
- 15 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 -8 cipollini onions, peeled and quartered
- 4 parsnips, chopped
- 6 heirloom carrots, chopped (red, orange and yellow)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaf, bruised and chopped
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup toasted macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine ingredients and toss well with olive oil to coat.
- Spread on a roasting pan in a single layer.
- Roast for twenty-five minutes, then stir.
- Roast another 20 minutes, then stir again.
- Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons honey over the veggies and toss again.
- Roast 5 minutes further.
- Mix the toasted nuts in just before serving.