Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I like to serve this hot with a nice side dish or throw it in the fridge and serve on a sandwich. If I didn't keep kosher, I would use butter.
- 1 1⁄2 kg boneless turkey breast, fresh
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, butter flavored
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- pepper, to taste
- Place the turkey breast in a shallow roasting pan.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine remaining ingredients and gently simmer for 3-5 minutes, allowing the flavor from the sprig on rosemary (I used one that was about 5 inches long) to infuse into the sauce. Remove and keep the sprig of rosemary.
- If you have an injector, inject about 1/2 of the wine/butter/honey mixture into the breast in several locations. Drizzle another 1/4 of the mixture on top of the breast. Season with pepper. I do not use salt because it can draw out some of the moisture of the turkey and it really doesn't need it.
- If you don't have an injector, just pour about 1/2 of the mixture on the breast and then season with pepper.
- Place the sprig of rosemary across the top of the breast.
- Place in an oven preheated to 325 f until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 160. This took our oven about 2 hours but keep a close eye on it so you don't dry it into turkey jerkey instead of turkey breast. At about 45 minutes, baste it with some of the remaining butter/wine/honey mixture. At 1hour and 15 minutes start basting it every 30 minutes with the juices from the pan.
- Remove at 160 degrees, discard the rosemary, and wrap the breast in foil for at least 15 minutes but will stay warm for much longer.
I made this for my wife tonight and she said it was the best home cooked turkey that she ever had! It turned out juicy and the marinade was delicious! I didn%u2019t have any fresh rosemary or margarine so I used dried rosemary and regular butter and when serving the cut turkey I heated up the pan marinade and poured a bit of it over the meat slices to give it extra flavor it was a hit.
when I say my DD loved it, that is saying ALOT~ and she LOVED THIS! Thank you so much!
This was great! I just made it for dinner and I had to pack the other 1/2 of the breast away so that we would have left overs for tomorrow!