Recipe by CountryLady
How sweet it is!!! The original recipe in a community cookbook specifies 400F and I haven't had any problems - but I need a new stove; however, I've decreased the temperature to 350F based on the comments & suggestions from Zaar chefs.
Top Review by romagen
Very, very good. I had one small acorn squash and about 1/3 of a butternut squash. I peeled and cubed them both and tossed in the sauce mixture. The butternut sq. retained more shape and color, while the acorn sq. cubes absorbed more of the sauce and got browner and more pungent. It was a good combination. Will make again for sure.
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 acorn squash (2 1/2 lbs total) or 1 butternut squash (2 1/4 lbs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk first 5 ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Halve each squash crosswise, peel & scoop out seeds.
- Cut into 1 inch thick rings & toss in honey mixture until well coated.
- At this point, you can cover & refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- Arrange squash rings on a greased, foil lined, rimmed baking sheet & drizzle with honey mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven, turning once & basting with liquid, until tender & golden- about 30 to 40 minutes.