Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This recipe is from our local supermarket, Wegmans' Menu Magazine, Winter 2012 Edition. I haven't made it yet, but it sounds very simple and delicious.
- 1⁄2 rutabaga, medium-sized
- 1 (6 ounce) turnips, medium-sized
- 2 carrots, large (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (6 ounce) parsnips, large (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons basting oil (Wegmans brand recommended but not necessary)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Peel each vegetable and cut into 1-inch pieces on a bias.
- Toss rutabaga, turnip, carrots and parsnips with basting oil. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Combine melted butter and honey to make a glaze. Drizzle over vegetables and carefully toss until completely coated.
- Return vegetables to oven. Roast for 8 - 10 minutes until glaze just begins to bubble.