Recipe by Sheepie87
This is an adaptation of a dish I found on marmiton.org. The original didn't specify a cooking temperature, so I just made one up. This roast turns out tender and moist, and the flavors are addictive. Good thing I had other side dishes, otherwise I probably would have eaten the whole roast!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork roast
- 4 apples (softer, mealier apples work best, i.e. no Granny Smiths)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 scallion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place roast in a glass or earthenware baking dish.
- Chop scallion, place on top of roast.
- Cut apples into thick slices (leave skin on) and scatter around roast.
- Spread honey on top of roast; top with salt and pepper.
- Pour enough apple juice over all to just come up to the tops of the apples.
- Cook for approximately 1 hour 15 minutes or until desired doneness, basting a few times with cooking juice.