Recipe by LizzieBug
Excellent, elegant desert, especially when served with a dollop of crème fraîche.
Top Review by susie cooks
So good!! Our plums are pretty tart so this recipe definitely mellowed them out a bit. Easy dessert that will impress your dinner guests. The creme fraiche is yummy with the plums. I will be making these again this weekend! Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh thyme sprig
- 6 large ripe but firm plums, halved and pitted
- creme fraiche (optional)
- additional fresh thyme sprig (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven the 475°F.
- In a large, ovenproof skillet (nonstick is easiest) over medium-high heat, stir in the brown sugar, honey, unsalted butter, and thyme.
- Allow butter to melt and cook for 2 additional minutes, stirring constantly. The butter mixture will be very bubbly.
- Add the plum halves, cut side down, to the butter mixture.
- Cook the plums for 2 minutes, undisturbed.
- Turn the plums over, cut side up, and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Roast the plums until the caramel sauce is a deep brown color, between 4 and 6 minutes. Check frequently to prevent burning.
- Remove the plum halves to plates and spoon the sauce over the plums, leaving the thyme sprigs in the skillet.
- Serve warm with a dollop of crème fraîche (optional) and an additional thyme sprig for garnish.