Alan Leonetti's Note:
Wild pheasants are usually smaller birds, thus will cook in less time. If you are using a wild pheasant, please adjust the cooking time accordingly. ALSO, you can substitute chicken for pheasant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- 2Place the pheasant into a baking dish.
- 3Pour lemon juice over the pheasant.
- 4Generously spread the honey over the entire bird.
- 5Season the cavities of the pheasant generously with salt, pepper, garlic powder, tarragon& thyme.
- 6Lightly sprinkle the outside of the pheasant with salt, pepper, garlic powder, tarragon& thyme.
- 7Place into the bottom third of the oven& roast until done, which will be when you puncture the bird& the juices run clear.
- 8Be careful not to over cook the pheasant, as it is a very dry bird with very little fat.
Browse Our Top Pheasant Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pheasant Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Roasted Pheasant
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1034.8
- Calories from Fat 474
- Total Fat 52.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 402.9 mg
- Sodium 227.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 128.9 g