Recipe by Alan Leonetti
Wild pheasants are usually smaller birds, thus will cook in less time. If you are using a wild pheasant, please adjust the cooking time accordingly. ALSO, you can substitute chicken for pheasant.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs farm raised pheasants
- ground black pepper
- granulated garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Place the pheasant into a baking dish.
- Pour lemon juice over the pheasant.
- Generously spread the honey over the entire bird.
- Season the cavities of the pheasant generously with salt, pepper, garlic powder, tarragon& thyme.
- Lightly sprinkle the outside of the pheasant with salt, pepper, garlic powder, tarragon& thyme.
- Place into the bottom third of the oven& roast until done, which will be when you puncture the bird& the juices run clear.
- Be careful not to over cook the pheasant, as it is a very dry bird with very little fat.