Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Oh yum! I love pears and this is so good! Adapted from House Beautiful 2000.
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 6 small firm comice pears, peeled, halved and cored
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme (try mint, or rosemary!)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat 2 tbls. of the ho0ney in a large skillet over low heat until it begins to reduce and caramelize, about 10 minutes. Then add the pears, flat side down. Cook until golden brown around the edges, about 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Place the pears in a roasting pan flat side up. Scatter 3 sprigs of thyme(or other herbs) on top. Roast in a preheated 350*F. oven until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Heat the remaining honey and thyme sprigs in a saucepan over low heat. Slowly whisk in the butter and salt. Drizzle theh honey butter mixture over the pears. Serve hot or warm. Enjoy!
- Serves 6.
This was good. I found the honey to be burning so I added the remaining honey and butter 15 minutes before removing from oven. If I make again I won`t reduce the honey just add the pears and flollow the recipe on. I chose to used dried lavender. Scooped vanilla ice cream over it. This is a nice way to end the day! Thanks.