Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love parsnips now and these are the best Points 2.
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled chopped parsnips
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 crisp red apples, peeled, cored and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce ("lite")
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a baking pan or casserole dish with oil spray and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, place parsnips, sweet potato and apples and set aside.
- In microwave-safe bowl, mix oil and honey.
- Warm in microwave, about 10 seconds.
- Mix in soy sauce.
- Pour sauce onto vegetables and apples.
- Toss to coat well.
- Transfer to baking pan and cover with foil.
- Bake until very tender, about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
I actually made a very similar recipe to this one, which I found on the AICR web site. The only differences are the use of Fuji apples instead of red apples, and balsamic vinegar instead of soy sauce. I'm giving this full marks based on my experience with that recipe, which pleased even my veggie-phobic DH and my parents. I may try the soy sauce alternative the next time.