1 hr 20 mins
I love parsnips now and these are the best Points 2.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups peeled chopped parsnips
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 crisp red apples, peeled, cored and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce ("lite")
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Spray a baking pan or casserole dish with oil spray and set aside.
- 3In large mixing bowl, place parsnips, sweet potato and apples and set aside.
- 4In microwave-safe bowl, mix oil and honey.
- 5Warm in microwave, about 10 seconds.
- 6Mix in soy sauce.
- 7Pour sauce onto vegetables and apples.
- 8Toss to coat well.
- 9Transfer to baking pan and cover with foil.
- 10Bake until very tender, about 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 11Add salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-roasted Parsnips With Sweet Potatoes and Apples
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.2
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 193.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 1.1 g