Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
sounds like a yummy dip. have not tried as yet
- 750 g large parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 125 g philadelphia* cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 125 g captain's table* water crackers
- Place parsnips in a baking dish and spray with oil.
- Bake at 200°C for 20 minutes; drizzle with honey and continue to cook for another 20 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the parsnips in a food processor or blender with Philly*, sour cream and juice; blend until smooth, adding sufficient milk to achieve the correct consistency.
- Stir through the chives, season to taste.
- Serve with crackers.