Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These onions are a great side dish for meat loaf, pork or chicken...you will love these.
- 2 large vidalia onions or 2 large other sweet onions (about 1-1/4 pds)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 ground red pepper (this is very hot!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel onions, and cut in half crosswise.
- Place onions cut sides down, in an 8-inch square pan; drizzle with water.
- Cover with foil; bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine honey and remaining ingredients.
- Turn onions over; brush half of honey mixture over onions.
- Bake, uncovered for another 30 minutes, or until tender, basting with remaining honey mixture after 15 minutes of baking.