Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasty snack from Cooking Light that provides a concentrated source of carbohydrates from the raisins, along with protein and "good" fats from the nuts. Feel free to substitute nuts and fruit according to your preference, or what you have on hand. I don't care for raisins, so I used craisins (dried cranberries) ; I found I was out of slivered almonds, so I substituted some chopped macadamias. I especially loved the addition of cardamom--added an unexpected element.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Stir in honey and cook 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles around edges of pan.
- Add nuts and next 5 ingredients, and cook over medium heat until nuts are golden, about 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in raisins.
- Immediately spread onto prepared baking sheet; cool completely.
- Note: Mine were still a bit sticky after they cooled, so I just stored them in the refrigerator.
This mixture is just so good! I used a dried berry mix (with raisins, cranberries, blueberries and cherries) and the combination of nuts listed in the recipe. I wasn't sure I'd like the spices but they were perfect.
This is a great recipe! I made it for the holidays but will be making it all year long. We go camping a lot and this would be such a great snack to take! Very easy and SO GOOD! Thanks for sharing. :0)
We enjoyed these as a good "power snack" while cycling. They are pretty sticky but very tasty, especially with the cardamom.