Recipe by GaylaJ
Tasty snack from Cooking Light that provides a concentrated source of carbohydrates from the raisins, along with protein and "good" fats from the nuts. Feel free to substitute nuts and fruit according to your preference, or what you have on hand. I don't care for raisins, so I used craisins (dried cranberries) ; I found I was out of slivered almonds, so I substituted some chopped macadamias. I especially loved the addition of cardamom--added an unexpected element.
Top Review by iris5555
This mixture is just so good! I used a dried berry mix (with raisins, cranberries, blueberries and cherries) and the combination of nuts listed in the recipe. I wasn't sure I'd like the spices but they were perfect.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Stir in honey and cook 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles around edges of pan.
- Add nuts and next 5 ingredients, and cook over medium heat until nuts are golden, about 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in raisins.
- Immediately spread onto prepared baking sheet; cool completely.
- Note: Mine were still a bit sticky after they cooled, so I just stored them in the refrigerator.