Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I just love sweet potatoes- they're such a great side dish. This is easy, and always a sure hit with any meal- steak, chicken, ham etc.. Enjoy!
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 8 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Peel and quarter the sweet potatoes and place them in a roasting pan.
- Place the diced butter evenly on top of the potatoes, sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg on top, drizzle with the honey, and season them with salt and pepper.
- Gently pour about 2 cups of water into the pan (without washing anything off the potatoes).
- Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until the potatoes are very tender.
- (You could cook at 400 for about 60 minutes too, depending on your time available).
- Remove the cover, stir and cook for 30 minutes more.
- The potatoes should have a dark brown color on top and be very tender.
- Remove the potatoes and place in a mixer, or mash by hand.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste- add more cinnamon, honey etc.
- to fit your meal.
- Also, you can choose the desired lumpiness.
- I like them rather lumpy, but some like them smooth, like whipped topping.
- Up to you!