Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Keep it sweet and simple. A favorite during the holidays, this is a heartwarming addition to dinner and leftovers
- 5 lbs ready-to-eat ham (can also use pre-sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup whole cloves
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 cups honey
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Score ham, and stud with the whole cloves. Place ham in foil lined pan.
- In the top half of a double boiler, heat the corn syrup, honey and butter. Keep glaze warm while baking ham.
- Brush glaze over ham, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Baste ham every 10 to 15 minutes with the honey glaze.
- During the last 4 to 5 minutes of baking, turn on broiler to caramelize the glaze. Remove from oven, and let sit a few minutes before serving.