Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
Another one for the Xmas nibbly tray!
- 450 g unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons flaked sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 180.C.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine last 4 ingredients and pour over cashews, toss to coat.
- Spread the cashew mixture over the lined tray and bake for 8-10 mins, stirring once, or until golden.
- Set aside to cool & store in an airtight container.
450g of unsalted cashews equals about 1 pound and 180 degrees C is about 356 degrees Farenheit. I cooked these about 20 minutes to get them roasted and non-sticky. I also heavily salted them when they first came out of the oven.
These are very tasty, but the coating didn't really want to stay on the nuts. They still tasted great! I had to let mine cook about twice as long, even though I halved the recipe. Had to come back and upgrade my rating. After sitting overnight in an airtight container, they weren't too stick at all. Not all of the coating adhered to the nuts, but the taste was great! Thanks for sharing.
Delicious and SO EASY! As my cashews were salted, I only use 1 tsp of flaked sea salt, and that worked perfectly. Make sure you don't let them bake too long (it only takes s couple of minutes!), as they can turn too dark quickly! Yum! Thanks, Mandy! These are on the top of my favourite nuts list! Made for Zaar Stars Tag.