Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can double or triple the recipe!
Make and share this Honey Roasted Cashews recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons liquid honey (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 2 cups unsalted dry-roasted cashews
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (can use less salt)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a heavy skillet over low heat, add in honey stir until warmed.
- Add in nuts and salt; toss thoroughly.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the nuts are a slightly darker shade of brown and the honey is almost hardened.
- Allow to cool then store in an airtight container.
My husband loves honey roasted cashews so this is for him. It s a very tasty recipe, but a warning needs to be issued regarding how difficult it is to get the nuts off the cookie sheet if you let them cool first. I would suggest turning them onto a sheet of wax paper to let them cool, otherwise they are stuck like glue and crumble when you try to remove them. I put them back into a warm oven for 30 seconds to loosen them. thanks for sharing!
I used pecans, because I love honey roasted pecans on my salads. I also used 4 cups pecans instead of the two, and still had plenty of honey. In fact, next time I will use 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp honey. Otherwise the nuts just turned out sticky and messy. (I made it a second time to get it right!) I think the problem was with the change in nuts...it takes more cashews to fill a cup than pecans; thus, more surface area to cover with honey. My second try turned out almost perfect...that is why I am eliminating the other tbsp of honey. I baked these for the entire 12 minutes, then added a minute or two. Again, I think this is because of the change in nuts. When doubling the recipe, I would recommend not doubling the honey, otherwise they will turn out too sticky. These taste wonderful, as a snack or as a salad topping. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
Fabulous recipe! I LOVE cashews, especially honey roasted cashews, so I was delighted to find this recipe, KITTENCAL. And thank you also, Rita, for the advice about taking care not to burn the nuts. I very slightly reduced the oven heat and managed to avoid this! SO delicious!