Recipe by soursugar
This is a very simple roasted carrot recipe that can be made to pair well with your main dish. It is the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
Top Review by personalchef
We love carrots, thank you soursugar for making me figure out how to use my mandolin for something other than slicing potatoes. I made little sticks on the mandolin, just as you suggested.
I chose the fennel variation for the "Variety is the Spice of Life Event" Boy am I happy I did, it was great. I roast a lot of veggies, but never tried carrots before.
Wonderful application for carrots.
No problems at all, cooked exactly as directed. YUMMY!
- 4 large carrots, cut into thin sticks (I use a mandoline or vegetable peeler)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml honey
- salt and pepper
- 4.92 ml cumin seed
- 4.92 ml fennel seed
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml allspice
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Use a 9 x 13" glass baking dish or line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread the carrots evenly in the baking dish.
- Drizzle with oil and honey and toss gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with your chosen spice variation.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until tender and just lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired.