Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very simple roasted carrot recipe that can be made to pair well with your main dish. It is the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
- 4 large carrots, cut into thin sticks (I use a mandoline or vegetable peeler)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml honey
- salt and pepper
- 4.92 ml cumin seed
- 4.92 ml fennel seed
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml allspice
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Use a 9 x 13" glass baking dish or line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread the carrots evenly in the baking dish.
- Drizzle with oil and honey and toss gently to combine.
- Sprinkle with your chosen spice variation.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until tender and just lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
- Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
We love carrots, thank you soursugar for making me figure out how to use my mandolin for something other than slicing potatoes. I made little sticks on the mandolin, just as you suggested.
I chose the fennel variation for the "Variety is the Spice of Life Event" Boy am I happy I did, it was great. I roast a lot of veggies, but never tried carrots before.
Wonderful application for carrots.
No problems at all, cooked exactly as directed. YUMMY!
I made this using the cinnamon- allspice option. I cut the carrots into thin rounds and baked on a foil lined baking sheet. The timing was right on and the carrots were delicious! Thanks for sharing. Made for Variety is the Spice of Life event.
I have made these twice now, Once with the cinnamon-allspice and once with the fennel seed. Both very good, but we really liked the fennel seed version! Went well with Italian style dinner. I used baby carrots slice lengthwise. Made for Variety is the Spice of Life game.