Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is best with really young fresh small carrots. Small young carrots do not need peeling, just a good scrub. For a nice presentation trim the top so that a small bit of the green remains.
- 2 lbs fresh carrots, trimmed, very young work best but can use baby cut carrots
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 450°F Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil coated with cooking spray.
- Toss trimmed carrots with remaining ingredients and divide between two pans.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, tossing once or twice. until tender.
Great carrot dish. I made this as directed with cut baby carrots but halved the recipe. Very simple and good. Loved the cayenne in these. Thanks Debbwl for a nice new keeper. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag.
This is good. Again, not to repeat myself, but I'm about to..... wait for it... ...trust me.
Thanks for sharing another great recipe Debbwl. I really enjoyed these sweet and spicy carrots. I used nice organic carrots,they worked great with this recipe.