1/2 Photos of Honey Roasted Carrot and Hummus Sandwiches
Fat, diagonal slices of carrot are tossed in a honey and olive oil glaze, sprinkled with sea salt, and roasted until golden. While they’re roasting you can whip up a batch of basic hummus, or fancy it up if you like. This recipe makes way more hummus than you need for the sandwiches, enjoy the leftovers as a dip with veggies, or with some crackers. You can also use pre-made hummus, as I did. This recipe came from the food blog, The Muffin Myth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -8 slices multigrain bread, depending on how many sandwiches you want to make
Honey Roasted Carrots
- 1Preheat your oven to 200 C / 400°F.
- 2Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3Peel your carrots if you like (I did only for aesthetics, if you’re using organic carrots don’t bother, just give ‘em a good scrub, but if your carrots aren’t organic then please peel them), then slice them on a sharp diagonal so you get long slices, about 1/2 cm thick.
- 4In a large bowl, whisk together honey and olive oil. If your honey isn’t the runny type just heat it slightly until it is a bit liquidy. Add the carrot slices to the bowl, then toss so everything is well coated in the honey glaze.
- 5Arrange carrot slices on the lined baking sheet in a single layer. Pop into the oven, and roast until they are soft and slightly brown around the edges, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool.
- 6While the carrots are roasting you can make the hummus. In the bowl of a food processor combine, chickpeas, olive oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice, water, and tahini. Pulse a few times, then process, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary. Taste the hummus and decide whether you want to use the rest of the lemon juice (I did). Add a bit of salt and pepper, and the cumin. Process again, then taste again and decide whether you need more salt.
- 7Decide how many sandwiches you want to make. I always start my sandwiches by toasting the bread, especially if I'm making a few at a time to pack for lunches. For each sandwich, spread both slices of bread generously with hummus. Arrange slices of honey roasted carrots in either a single layer (for four sandwiches) or a double layer (for two extra carroty sandwiches) over one slice of the bread. Top with the other slice of bread, and either store in the fridge for up to three days or enjoy immediately.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Roasted Carrot and Hummus Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.8
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2348.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: