Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great for kids or adults.
- 3 cups Honey Nut Chex
- 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bugles original flavor snacks
- 1 cup pretzels or 1⁄2 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon margarine (Do not use spread or tub products) or 1 tablespoon butter (Do not use spread or tub products)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 325oF (160oC).
- Mix cereals, snacks and pretzels in a large bowl; set aside.
- Heat corn syrup, honey and margarine to boiling in 1-quart (946 ml) saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour over cereal mixture in bowl, stirring until evenly coated.
- Spread in ungreased 15 1/2-inch baking pan with sides.
- Bake 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Spread on waxed paper or aluminum foil; cool completely.
- Break into bite-size pieces.
- Store in airtight container.
Used your "coating" recipe last night to make "honey roasted" soy beans. After coating them with the mixture,I sprinkled a bit of salt on them before placing them in the oved to "dry". They came out wonderful!! Thanks so much :)
This is a great snack. The kids loved it! A great change from the spicy snack mixes I have been making.