1/1 Photo of Honey Roasted Balsamic Mushrooms
Easy quick and extremely simple. These are done just in aluminum pouches so clean-up is 5 seconds. Some tangy balsamic, sweet honey, salt, pepper and fresh herbs makes this amazing. As someone mentioned to me, I didn't give a time for marinating these. I like to go 1-2 hours, not much more, but I have friends who have made them and marinating much longer with success. I would suggest just tossing in the vinegar to start with with no marinating time. If you are a fan like me of balsamic, try marinating a bit longer next time until you reach the time that is right for you. Note: A good aged balsamic can make a big difference in the flavor so if you are using a cheaper every day balsamic, you may want to cut down on the amount of vinegar you use. Thanks for bringing it to my attention and enjoy all.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 cremini mushrooms, cut in quarters (medium sized)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (the better the balsamic, the better the flavor. Also you can cut down on the vinegar, if you think i)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1Marinade -- Toss all the ingredients in a large baggie and toss well to coat the mushrooms. As mentioned above. I like to marinade 1-2 hours. But to start I would just toss and roast. The next time you make them, try marinating a big longer until you find the time that works best for you. Balsamic can be an acquired taste. So start off slow. Also try different vinegars. I have 1 bottle of aged balsamic I use just for this type of dish or a nice salad dressing and it really makes a difference. I don't buy it often but if you use balsamic as often as I do, it is worth it.
- 2Roasting -- Take a large sheet of aluminum and place the mushrooms in the center and fold up like a package. Just seal well.
- 3Bake -- 425 for about 20-30 minutes on the middle rack. Or you can make this on the grill outside. Just be careful if you move them around. On a outside grill I do move them around a bit so they don't burn. Just use a spatula vs tongs so you don't puncture the pouch is all.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Roasted Balsamic Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.7
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 446.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g