Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
It's apple time again! I always love to make applesauce at this time of the year and I like to experiment different ways of making it. This year, I wanted to bake it. I usually strictly use only apples, but I've had the bottom of a blueberry honey jar lying in my pantry forever and the honey's now all crystallized. So I wanted to use that up... here's what I came up with:
- Wash, core and chop apples. I usually prepare a bowl of cold water and toss the chopped apples in there until I am done preparing them - they brown less that way!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place apples (drained) in a dutch oven. Add honey and lemon juice. Toss to coat.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir and return to oven, uncovered. Bake another 30 minutes, stirring half-way through. Mash slightly with spoon.
- NOTE: If sauce it too liquid to your taste, prolong baking.