1/1 Photo of Honey Roasted Applesauce
Chef #573036's Note:
I saw this on Easy Entertaining today. Super easy, and I would have never thought of it. They looked really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Peel the apples with a vegetable peeler, remove the core and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- 3Heat a medium saute pan on medium-high heat with the butter in it. When the butter begins to brown add the lemon juice and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the apples and salt. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes until the edges just begin to color. Add the honey and put in oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until the apples are soft and lightly caramelized.
- 4Mash with a fork for a chunky version, or put in food processor for a smoother sauce. Serve warm, room temperature or cold.
- 5Cook's Notes: Most applesauce recipes call for cooking the apples on the stovetop from start to finish. I prefer to start them on the stovetop and then finish them in a hot oven. The oven heat concentrates their flavors by drying and caramelizing them slightly. Although I have suggested a couple of apple varieties, you can use what good cooking apples are available in your area.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Roasted Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 196.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 0.4 g