Recipe by Latchy
Tasty dish to be had on its own or a smaller serve as a side with a grill. This recipe can be halved quite successfully and I have made it with creamy blue Camembert. If the fennel is not baby would suggest blanching it for a while first.
Top Review by Shazzie
Sorry, but the sauce was far too sweet for my family and the sauce to veg ratio made for more of a stewed veg rather than a roasted veg. Will try to tweak with less honey and less sauce overall.
- 4 baby fennel, halved
- 2 carrots, peeled and halved (preferable young ones)
- 2 red onions, peeled and halved
- 1 large sweet potato, orange colour peeled and quartered (kumara)
- 1⁄4 cup honey (2 fl ozs)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 4 1⁄2 cups boiling chicken stock or 4 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 60 g butter
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- 4 slices creamy blue cheese (thick slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200d C (390F). Place fennel, carrots, onions and sweet potato in a baking dish lined with baking paper. Combine the honey, lemon juice and oil and pour over the vegetables. (I find it easier to put these in a cup and zap slightly in the microwave for 30 seconds or so to make the pouring easier).
- Bake for approx 40 mins - 60 mins, depending on your oven and they are tender and golden.
- To cook the polenta, have the stock simmering over med-high heat. Add the polenta in a thin stream and stir for 5 mins or until it comes away from the side of the pan.
- Add the butter salt and a generous amount of pepper and place on plates. Top with the cheese and vegetables and serve.