Recipe by FrVanilla
A recipe by Martha Stewart. The honey can be replaced with real maple syrup. I always refrigerate and serve it with the drizzled honey and cinnimon over top.
- 3 3⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup short-grain rice, such as Arborio
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons honey, plus more for drizzling
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 3 1/2 cups milk, the rice, sugar, vanilla, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup milk and the honey. Let stand for 5 minutes. Divide among parfait glasses or bowls, and drizzle with honey.