Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
a light, healthy muffin
Make and share this Honey Rice Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour through salt.
- In a processor, blend tofu and applesauce until smooth.
- Blend in honey, then eggs.
- pour over dry ingredients.
- add rice and stir.
- spoon batter into muffin tins coated with non stick spray.
- bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
I used firm silken tofu, since the recipe didn't specify, and I don't know if it was that, or the fact that the air in my house is really dry (drying out the flour), but I ended up with more of a dough than a batter. After 15 minutes in the oven, though, it tasted and looked like muffins. I was disappointed in how boring these muffins are, though. I was expecting something sweeter, with more honey flavor. They're good if you serve them with honey or jam, and they'd be better with the addition of some fruit, like raisins or cut-up peaches. I might try that next time, since I still have leftover rice to use up.