Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
High in fiber.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-bran cereal, flakes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup raisins
- In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the cereal and milk; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg, honey and butter to cereal mixture; mix well.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in raisins.
- Pour into a greased 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.