Recipe by Normaone
This is one of my favorite bread recipes. It's wonderful toasted.
Top Review by cynthia912
I really like this bread. I made it jsut as directed, only I didnt' use a bread machine. I baked at 350 for about an hour. . . It seamed I may have baked it a little too long, but it was very good, especatilly toasted! YUM. Thanks!
- 1 cup water, plus 1 t
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dry milk
- 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray the bread container of your bread machine with cooking spray.
- Add ingredients,except pecans and raisins, according to the recommendation of your bread machine manufacturer.
- Use the whole wheat or basic/white setting.
- Use the light or medium crust setting.
- Remove and cool on rack when baked.