Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the 1941 Chicago Culinary Institute Cookbook of 250 Delectable Desserts. Serve with Rum flavored whipped cream. Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 4 cups bread, cubes
- 1 quart whole milk
- 5 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine honey and bread cubes.
- Cook over low heat until honey is absorbed.
- Rinse raisins and drain.
- Blend milk, eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Add milk mixture and raisins to bread cubes.
- Mix well.
- Pour into buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place dish in pan of warm water.
- Bake one hour.
- Serve with whipped cream flavored with rum extract.