Prep 30 mins
Cook 22 mins
In 'Williams-Sonoma : Muffins'
Make and share this Honey-Raisin Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups unprocessed bran flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins (mixed dark and golden)
- 1⁄3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Grease 18 standard muffin cups with butter or butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray; fill the unused cups 1/3 full with water to prevent warping.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, bran, raisins, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, using a wooden spoon, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and honey until fluffy.
- Beat in the yogurt, then the buttermilk and vanilla until well blended and smooth.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the creamed mixture and the eggs.
- Beat just until evenly moistened.
- The batter will be thick and slightly lumpy; do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into each muffin cup, filling it level with the rim of the cup.
- Transfer the filled pans to the oven and immediately reduce the oven temperature to 350°.
- Bake until golden, dry, and springy to touch, 18-22 minutes.
- A toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean.
- Transfer the pans to the wire racks and let cool at least 15 minutes.
- Unmold the muffins; serve warm or at room temperature, with butter.