In 'Williams-Sonoma : Muffins'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups unprocessed bran flakes
- 1 1/2 cups raisins (mixed dark and golden)
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°.
- 2Grease 18 standard muffin cups with butter or butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray; fill the unused cups 1/3 full with water to prevent warping.
- 3In a bowl, stir together the flour, bran, raisins, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- 4In another bowl, using a wooden spoon, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and honey until fluffy.
- 5Beat in the yogurt, then the buttermilk and vanilla until well blended and smooth.
- 6Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the creamed mixture and the eggs.
- 7Beat just until evenly moistened.
- 8The batter will be thick and slightly lumpy; do not overmix.
- 9Spoon the batter into each muffin cup, filling it level with the rim of the cup.
- 10Transfer the filled pans to the oven and immediately reduce the oven temperature to 350°.
- 11Bake until golden, dry, and springy to touch, 18-22 minutes.
- 12A toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean.
- 13Transfer the pans to the wire racks and let cool at least 15 minutes.
- 14Unmold the muffins; serve warm or at room temperature, with butter.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Raisin Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.4
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 350.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 4.5 g