Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
From American Beekeeping Honey Recipes 2008 I have not made these, but plan on doing it this holiday.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Combine flour, cinnamon, cloves and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Beat margarine, honey and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla until blended; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 1/2 cups morsels and nuts.
- Drop a rounded teaspoon of dough onto a cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 11-12 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
- Place remaining white chips in a heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on medium-high power for 10-second intervals; kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over cookies.
Soft and cakey cookies, very nice flavor! I used a mixture of tupelo and tulip poplar honey, walnuts instead of macadamia, and added the entire bag of chips to the batter. Next time I will divide the chips as written because I think there were a few too many in the cookies for the amount of batter. Will definitely make these again!