1/3 Photos of Honey Pumpkin Risotto
1 hr 10 mins
Found this recipe a few years ago in a magazine, when I was looking for something different to do with an abundance of pumpkin from my garden. If you are vegetarian and looking for something a little different, then you will love this. I use chicken stock but the recipe calls for vegetable stock. Next time I am going to try making it with chicken in it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 900 g peeled pumpkin, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey, plus extra
- honey, to drizzle
- 850 ml vegetable stock
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 finely chopped celery ribs
- 2 cm grated piece gingerroot
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley, plus extra
- flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone or 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, plus extra
- mascarpone or parmesan cheese, to serve
- 1Preheat the oven to 220°C
- 2Lay pumpkin in an even layer on a large baking tray and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, then remove and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of honey, tossing well to coat each piece. Roast for a further 15 minutes until cooked and golden.
- 3Place stock in a saucepan and keep at a simmer over low heat.
- 4Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in a large heavy-based pan over low heat.
- 5Add onion and stir for 2-3 minutes until onion is soft. Add celery and cook for 1 minute, then add grated ginger and rice and cook for a further minute, stirring to coat grains. Increase the heat to medium-low, add wine and cook until absorbed. Add stock a ladleful at a time, allowing each to be absorbed before adding the next. Continue for 15 minutes or until rice is cooked but still firm to the bite. Add the lemon juice, pumpkin and parsley. Season, then stir in mascarpone.
- 6Serve with a dollop of mascarpone or if prefered grated Parmesan, a drizzle of honey and extra parsley.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Pumpkin Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.8
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: