Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 2 cups pumpkin (cooked or canned)
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup water, cold
- 2 unbaked pie shells (9-inch)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup honey
- Mix the sugar, salt, flour and spices.
- Add slightly beaten eggs and pumpkin with honey.
- Blend well.
- Stir in milk and water.
- Pour into 2 (9-inch) pie shells.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes; then reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking 25 minutes.
- HONEY PECAN PUMPKIN PIE 2 cup cooked or canned pumpkin 1 cup honey 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 teaspoons salt 1/2 teaspoons ginger 1 teaspoons cinnamon 1/4 teaspoons nutmeg 3 eggs, slightly beaten 1 can evaporated milk 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Mix pumpkin, honey, sugar, salt and spices.
- Add eggs and milk; mix and pour into unbaked pie shell and sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake 45 minutes or until set.
- HONEY PUMPKIN PIE 2 large eggs 1/4 cup honey 1 cup evaporated skimmed milk 1 (16 oz.) can cooked pumpkin 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice 1/4 teaspoons salt 2 teaspoons unsweetened orange juice concentrate 1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry crust.
- In mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat eggs until foaming.
- Add honey, milk, pumpkin spice, salt and juice concentrate. Beat until well blended.
- Pour pumpkin filling into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 60 to 65 minutes.
- Serves 8.
The pies are in the oven. And they look pretty good but, the recipe is very confusing. The main body of the recipe does not tell you how much pumpkin to use. And I omitted the one cup of water because I thought the filling would be to runny.