Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (Note: the sour cream and milk are used to produce a decorative lattice pattern. This can be omitted.)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons milk
- pie crust
- Line 9-inch pie plate with pastry disk.
- Flute the edge. With fork, prick shell all over.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Line pastry shell with foil or parchment paper, then fill with pie weights or pie chains.
- Bake empty shell on the lowest rack in 400 F oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove both weights and foil; continue baking for about 10 minutes longer or until pastry is set. FILLING: Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat eggs lightly.
- Add pumpkin, honey, light cream, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Combine thoroughly and pour into the pastry shell.
- Combine sour cream with milk; pour into plastic dispenser with very, very, very narrow opening.
- Hold finger over the opening and position the dispenser above the pie. Remove finger and quickly drizzle mixture in spiral pattern over filling.
- Beginning at centre, pull tip of knife towards the perimeter through filling and sour cream mixture at 8 evenly spaced intervals about 1/4 inch deep.
- Beginning at outside, pull knife through middle of intervals toward centre to create web pattern.
- Bake on lowest rack in 350 F oven for about 1 hour or until filling is set and point of knife inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Let cool on rack.