Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
this was in a cooking magazine...looked really good..have not tried it myself
- 18 1⁄2 ounces duncan hines deluxe butter recipe cake mix
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2⁄3 cup pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup finely ground pecans
- Decrease water called for on cake mix box directions to just 2/3 cup of liquid --
- Mix remaining ingredients in this recipe, beating not more than 2 minutes on medium.
- Bake in 2-9" loaf pans, which have been well greased and floured -- for about 35 minutes -- .
I re-created this recipe, and although I do not believe in rating a recipe based on changes, I felt the need to do so this time, since there was no honey in the ingredients for "Honey Pumpkin Cake". I added about 1/4 c. honey plus a heaping teaspoon of instant coffee to give a more honey cake taste. I also used oil instead of butter. Very good!