Recipe by Megan Krape
This makes a great gift- ladle it into Kerr jars, stick a sticker and a few ribbons, and this creamy dip or spread is an instant hit! I love to eat this on toast, cornbread muffins, dip apples in it, crackers, - ***or baste it on chicken or turkey! *** Simply amazing... makes about six 8 oz. jars
Top Review by lckern
I grew lots of pumpkins in my garden this year, and tried this recipe. I LOVE it! I love the honey flavor, which is nicely balanced with the pumpkin and spices! I'll be making this recipe again!
- 4 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1⁄4 cups honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan (covered or uncovered) and let simmer 45 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and immediately ladle into clean, sterilized 8 oz. canning jars.
- Immediately place filled jars into refrigerator to seal jars.
- Enjoy! (Keep refrigerated-- once opened, it will last up to a month).