Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Try this one for your Thanksgiving buffet!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 1⁄2 cups dates, snipped into pieces
- 1 cup nuts, choppd
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger and cloves until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and honey.
- Beat with an electric mixer or by hand until creamy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until blended.
- Then stir in vanilla, pumpkin, dates, nuts, and flour mixture until blended.
- Pour mixture into a greased and flour-dusted 12-cup fluted bundt or tube-cake pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve or store, wrapped in foil, at room temperature for two days, freeze for longer storage.
Not an overly sweet cake. Could use a drizzled icing over the top or turbinado sugar on top. Overall though, the spices were great and although this cake weighed a ton, it was very light in texture. A really nice cake and will use this recipie again.