Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe submitted for Zaar World Tour 2006. This recipe is a little different to the one already on Zaar,... Loukoumades are the Greek version of donuts, with honey and cinnamon sauce... Am I making you hungry yet??
- Dissolve the yeast in a little lukewarm water, mix flour and salt in a bowl and slowly add yeast mixture being sure to mix well.
- Slowly add more warm water until you have a medium paste. Cover the bowel with a clean cloth and stand in warm water for about 1 hour. The batter should have doubled in size and formed "bubbles".
- Heat oll and add teaspoonfuls of the batter to the oil, cook until they turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper while making the syrup.
- Syrup: boil the honey, sugar, water and cinamom for 10 minutes. Pour the syrup over the honey puffs/ loukoumades and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon powder. Serve hot.