1/2 Photos of Honey Prawns (Shrimp)
We love honey prawns and what I like about this recipe over some of the restaurant recipes are that the prawns are not in a batter and it is served with vegetables, the only addition I would make is to add a finely sliced hot red chilli and stir fry in step 4 with garlic etc. The recipe calls for leaving the tails on the prawns, I prefer not too, personal preference. VARIATION - for honey chicken, use 600 grams of chicken breast fillets, sliced, instead of prawns making it more budget friendly meal. Preparation time is based on you peeling prawns and has been estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 kg prawns (raw or green medium peeled and deveined)
- 1 carrot (medium peeled halved and sliced diagonally)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 150 g snow peas (trimmed)
- 4 green onions (cut into 5cm lenghts)
- 1Whisk cornflour and 1 tablespoon stock in a jug until smooth and stir in honey and remaining stock.
- 2Heat a wok over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat.
- 3Stir fry prawns, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until just turning pink and transfer to a bowl.
- 4Heat remaining oil in wok and add carrot and stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender and then add garlic, sesame seeds and snow peas and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- 5Return prawns to the wok and add honey mixture and green onion and stir fry for 2 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens and prawns are cook through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Prawns (Shrimp)
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.3
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 315.9 mg
- Sodium 1473.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 36.6 g