1/1 Photo of Honey Pork Stir-Fry
The Wallaces's Note:
A recipe from one of those small community cookbooks that we have modified for our tastes by cutting the amount of meat in half and adding extra veggies! Like any stir-fry, this one is very versatile and you could use almost any veggies that you like. We have also added baby corn and red bell pepper before. *Updated: The review by LARavenscroft reminded me that we usually do 1.5 times or double the amount of sauce, depending on the amount of veggies we are using, so please update accordingly if you feel it needs more sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut in squares
- 1 cup button mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas or 1 cup peas
- 4 ounces water chestnuts (optional)
- 4 ounces bamboo shoots (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups cooked rice (jasmine or basmati)
- 1Cut pork into 1 inch squares. Brown in large skillet over medium high heat, stirring frequently.
- 2Combine chicken broth, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and garlic powder. (See note on sauce above).
- 3Add to skillet, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- 4Add vegetables, cook for another 10-15 minutes, until at the preferred crispness.
- 5Thicken sauce with cornstarch and water.
- 6Serve over rice. I like jasmine or basmati.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Pork Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.2
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 1132.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 41.6 g