Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great meal for a cooler night. Make sure your chops are thicker, at least 3/4-inch. Prep time depends on the thickness of your chops.
- 6 pork loin chops, about 3/4-in . thick each
- salt and pepper
- ground sage
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 tablespoon unsalted margarine
- 1⁄4 cup raw honey
- 6 maraschino cherries (optional)
- Core and slice apples into 1/2-inch rings.
- Add margarine to skillet and saute apple rings until crisp-tender.
- Remove apple rings from skillet and brown chops slowly in skillet.
- Remove chops to shallow baking dish and season with salt, pepper and sage. Place 1 apple ring on each chop.
- Cover and bake at 300° F for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle honey over apples and chops; baste with drippings.
- Cover and bake 15 minute longer or until pork is fully cooked. Place cherry in center of apple rings before serving, if desired.
Love love love this recipe. We are not pork fans at all but I was looking for something different. I chose this and was SO glad I did. My hubby loved it and he is so picky. Thanks!!