Recipe by Koechin (Chef)
This is a wonderful Salad dressing! Not too sweet, not too sour. It came from: Penzey's Spice House. We saw it and went straight home and made it. WONDERFUL!!
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
This was a mild tasting, slightly sweet dressing. I used Spring Mix field greens and chopped tomatoes. The only problem was that my dressing kept separating (don't know if it's the poppy seeds)and I emulsified in my "magic bullet" processor, like I do all my dressings. I did use vegetable oil and maybe it was lighter than the olive. Served this with lasagna and garlic bread. Roxygirl
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, and whisk to combine.
- Yield 1cup dressing- enough for 4-6 side salads.
- For those of you ,that watch the sugar intake, see if you can find the sugar-free honey made by:HoneyTree. They are located in Onsted, Mi 49265.
- It is great.