Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe from my local newspaper. It sounded good and I didn't want to lose it!
- 1 lb wagon wheel macaroni
- 30 ounces chicken, rotisserie
- 2 bell peppers, cored, diced (1 yellow, 1 red or orange)
- 1 cup snow pea pods
- 1 apple, cored, diced
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, remove meat from chicken then use 2 forks to shred the meat.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, peppers,snow peas, apple, grapes and scallion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients, except the almonds.
- Return pasta to large bowl, mix with chicken and veggies, add dressing and stir to coat.
- Garnish with almonds.
I couldn't locate the wheel macaroni so I used Radiatori instead...I made this for a huge potluck so I doubled the recipe...it worked great...there wasn't any left after the event...the hubby and I both loved the flavors...I saved a cup full to try the next day...you could make this a day ahead...I cooked the macaroni and shredded the chicken...once I got to our event (RV trip)...I assembled the rest of the ingredients...even without doubling the recipe it makes a lot...so make sure you have a huge bowl handy...made for "First Time" tag game...