Recipe by Miss Erin C.
I love pineapple and I love ice cream, this is a really great treat.
Top Review by Um Safia
Reviewed for ZWT III. I loved this sundae. I didn't follow the recipe exactly - I didn't use the rum but I increased the honey and added a little fresh espresso which I think worked really well. I loved how the sauce ran over the top of the ice cream and made a gorgeous pool at the bottom of the glass to cover the pineapple and soften the ginger snaps. (I couldn't wait 5 mins so just heated my sauce which is why it ALL ran to the bottom - I suggest you STICK to the recipe!) I honestly can't wait to make this again!!!
- 8 ounces pineapple slices (in juice)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1 pint French vanilla ice cream
- 8 ginger snaps
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 Tbls of juice.
- Cut into 1 inch wide chunks.
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add honey, curry powder, salt and pineapple juice.
- Stir to blend.
- Heat just to boiling, reduce heat and add pineapple.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Place rum in a small saucepan and heat gently over medium heat.
- Ignite the rum and allow the flames to die out.
- Stir rum into the warm pineapple mixture.
- Sccop 4 bowl of ice cream.
- Pour mixture evenly over ice cream.
- It will be runny and melt the ice cream.
- Put 2 cookies with each sundae.